Whether you are here just to find out more about the Bernedoodle breed or you would like to purchase a Bernedoodle, you are in the right place. Puppies Galore has Bernedoodle puppies for sale from time to time. The Bernedoodle breed is quickly gaining popularity and for a good reason. The Bernedoodle breed possesses a lot of great qualities.
Those of you who have not have the breed may be asking yourselves what a Bernedoodle is. A Bernedoodle is a mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle. There are three varieties of Bernedoodle, the standard, miniature, and tiny. The standard is the largest, followed by the miniature and finally the tiny.
- Standard – The standard Bernedoodle is a mix between a Standard Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Miniature – The Miniature Bernedoodle is a mix between a Miniature Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Tiny- The Tiny Bernedoodle is a mix between a Toy Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog.
LIFESPAN – 12–18 years- The smaller the variety, the longer the lifespan. The tiny and the miniature will have a longer lifespan than the standard.
ACTIVITY LEVEL – Average. Bernedoodles are high energy dogs but they are not rambunctious and are known to enjoy their downtime. They benefit from a daily walk and some games like fetch.
- Standard – The standard Bernedoodle will be 23-29 inches tall at the shoulder.
- Miniature – The miniature Bernedoodle will grow to be 18-22 inches tall at the shoulder.
- Tiny- The tiny Bernedoodle will only grow to be a modest 12-17 inches tall.
- Standard Bernedoodle – The standard Bernedoodle will weigh no less than 50 lbs but they have an average weight of 70 to 90 pounds.
- The Miniature- The miniature Bernedoodle weighs an average of 24 to 49 pounds on average.
- The Tiny- The Tiny Bernedoodle can weigh as little as 10 lbs but usually has a weight between 10 to 24 pounds.
BARKING – Minimal – Bernedoodles are not known to be noisy or an over anxious breed. Typically the tiny and miniature tend to be the more vocal of the three varities.
SHEDDING –Bernedoodles usually have wavy, curly coats making shedding low. This can be a great option for people with allergies to dander.
FAMILY FRIENDLY – The Bernedoodle seems to have inherited the best of their Bernese and Poodle parents. Highly intelligent, loyal and a little goofy which can make for the perfect companion dog. The Bernadoodle is a gentle and nurturing dog for both children and the elderly. They actually make great therapy dogs with proper training.
PET-FRIENDLY –.Bernedoodles do well with other animals but it is recommended as with most breeds to begin socialization with other pets at a young age.
If you are interested in purchasing a Bernedoodle, reach out to us. We will be happy to connect you with the Bernedoodle that you are looking for. Check out our available puppies page to see if we have any available. If we do not, don’t worry, you can still reach out to us to discuss custom ordering the Bernedoodle. We have financing options available so you can make low monthly payments on a Bernedoodle. We also have similar breeds in the store often such as Goldendoodles and Labradoodles. Puppies Galore looks forward to helping you find the new addition to your family.